Mar 5, 2013

ripples on the water


Have been watching the ripples on the water
How they form perfect rings
grow
then dissipate 


this photo does not actually capture the ripples growing on still water
the dog was swimming in the water and making other ripples and currents.

the rings of water I have been watching are the ones on glassy water
in still water
on a still day when there is not even a breath of wind.
they are made by a dragonfly dipping into the water
or a fallen leaf

I will try and photograph them next time I am watching them.




ripple in felt inspired by ripples on water.


13 comments:

Annette said...

YOu are certainly capturing the essence of the ripples.. nice
hugs

Tammie Lee said...

lovely of you to be inspired by the rings in the water to your gorgeous felt piece! Lovely day and beyond to you~

t said...

yes, and there is so much in just looking annette.

well, thank you tlee, and a bright and beautiful day back to you.

xt



yvette said...

changed and not, your blog.
like you
i like you a lot
always
i fell in love with your art and your visions

dagdag

Els said...

Ha T, I know this silent pleasure of watching ripples in quiet water too, as there is water next to our garden ;-)
Lovely felt !

Penny Berens said...

Even more beautiful felted. Gorgeous.

t said...

Hey thanks yvette, els, and penny.

xt

Deb G said...

Oh my that's beautiful, all of it!

Sweetpea said...

I have water that does this, too.

Echoes to you, from very far away?

Makes me think of you & wonder if you're OK and if life is good/providing sustenance on your side of the world....

Sandra said...

Ripples have some kind of mystery, who made them ... love the ripples in your felt work.

Velma Bolyard said...

haven't been over here in ages, but these reflections (in every sense) are lovely.

Laura said...

Magnificent images! Wow... I'm so glad I dropped by via Spirit Helpers this afternoon. The I Heart Macro link is still open on my blog if you would like to participate this week:-)

Laura said...

Magnificent images! Wow... I'm so glad I dropped by via Spirit Helpers this afternoon. The I Heart Macro link is still open on my blog if you would like to participate this week:-)