Jun 3, 2012

Winner of the Buda Contemporary Textile Award 2012

I was totally surprised yesterday at the Buda Contemporary Textile Award Exhibition.  And what a nice surprise winning two awards.

I won the Overall Award and the Gold Award for 2012

I would like to thank all of the Staff at Buda Historic Home and Garden for hosting this Award Exhibition,  and to all the Volunteers at the Buda Historic Home and Garden that help to make this a great exhibition.  And the Presenters at yesterdays award ceremony.

And also to thank the Judges, Professor Jennifer Craik, Pat Jones, and Susan O'Connor for choosing my art work for this award. And to thank Jhana Pfeiffer-Hund for the superb installation of the artworks.


21 comments:

Sue McB said...

Well done Theresa, wish I had known as I was up in Castlemaine today and would have gone to have a look! Love that vessel and grass...just beautiful

Unknown said...

A gorgeous piece, T - worthy of the accolades. -sus

Vireya said...

Congratulations!

Jacky said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations Teresa on receiving your awards.
Great photos of your wonderful work. that beautiful yellow and the incorportation of the grasses...

Jacky xox

kaiteM said...

Your work is so beautiful, it looks ageless, milleniums old and so embedded in Nature that of course you should win. Congratulations

Annette said...

A well deserved win, well done and congratulations..
hugs

Deb G said...

Oh that's wonderful! And well deserved. :)

Lisa said...

Kudos to you for such well deserved awards!
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
This piece just leaves me breathless...

Yvette said...

so so tender

Lynda Howells said...

CONGRATS.......you clever womanxxlynda

Els said...

CONGRATULATIONS, T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You deserved it !!!!!!!!!

t said...

Well so many beautiful remarks here, thank you to all of you.

xt

jude said...

beautiful, how well deserved!

t said...

thanks jude

Martine said...

congratulations..............
XXXm

Tammie Lee said...

I am so happy for you, congratulations!!

Maria said...

Congratulations, T!! You deserve it. :)

t said...

I am pretty happy too. thanks for your congrats

t

Velma Bolyard said...

big congratulationa, teresa. excellent news.

Sweetpea said...

My dearest T, how in the world did I miss this post?!?
I am soooooo sorry to have not been here sooner to congratulate you...oh my gosh, SO sorry.
CONGRATS, my friend!
I had been thinking about you recently, wondering how you are, why you've gone *poof* from blogland. I hope all is well and that your creative work is marching you forward. My very best to you. I miss you!

Lynda Howells said...

Don't know how l missed this...beautiful work and congratsxxxlynda